- You must specify a SKU for the Ecommerce item
Aquacel Ag Dressing (1 Piece)
9.5cm x 9.5cm
May be used for the management of:
- wounds as an effective barrier to bacterial penetration to help reduce infection
- surgical wounds left to heal by secondary intent
- traumatic wounds
- wounds that are prone to bleeding, such as wounds that have been mechanically or surgically debrided
- oncology wounds with exudate etc.
under the supervision of a healthcare professional.
AQUACEL Ag Hydrofiber Dressing (silver impregnated antimicrobial dressing) is a soft, sterile, nonwoven pad composed of sodium carboxymethylcellulose and 1.2% ionic silver which allows for a maximum of 12mg of silver for a 4 inch x 4 inch dressing.
The silver in the dressing kills wound bacteria held in the dressing, and provides an antimicrobial barrier to protect the wound bed.
This dressing absorbs high amounts of wound fluid and bacteria and creates a soft, adhesive gel that intimately conforms to the wound surface, maintains a moist environment and aids in the removal of non-visible tissue from the wound (autolytic debridement).
Moist wound healing environment and control of wound bacteria supports the body’s healing process and helps reduce the risk of wound infection.